Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA's Future Planning

Morning to all,

We are in the process of purchasing a large amount of the Cisco ASA 1120's for our near-term deployments.  Currently we have the Cisco ASA 5508-x's in the field and are being replaced by the 1120's.  I am looking to find out what would be the next generation firewalls to supersede the 1120's, 1140's, or 1150's?  I gather from my reading that these devices are in the market in parallel.  So, what would replace them in lets say 3 to 5 years.  Trying to forecast our next purchase after the 1120's.

Thank you

Eli Torres

Network Engineer

eliecer.torres-perez@pae.com

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There's no announced successor to the current 1100 series. Undoubtedly there will be one but Cisco very rarely shares roadmap plans publicly.

If it's important to your organization you can request a roadmap briefing under non-disclosure agreement (NDA) from your Cisco Account Manager.

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Furthermore, next to @Marvin Rhoads mentioned, please note that 1100 series is the latest of Cisco's Firepower devices (4100, 9300 and 2100 were all released couple of years before 1100 series).

Looking at next 3-5 years, I believe you are fine with 1100 series, and Cisco will continue to sell these devices still in that time.

BR,

Milos

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card