Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco asaV FPR1010 image downgrade

TheMan2024
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco ASAv FPR-1010.  The unit is running cisco-asa-fp1k.9.18.4.SPA and I want to downgrade it to cisco-asa-fp1k.9.16.4.SPA.  I've copied the 9.16 package onto the disk of the ASA fine okay.  In this setup (appliance mode) i am finding the boot system flash command has no effect.  IE changing boot variable from disk0:/cisco-asa-fp1k.9.18.4.SPA to disk0:/cisco-asa-fp1k.9.16.4.SPA.  It always defaults to 9.18.   After trawling through various guides I found the re-imaging procedure via the FXOS is the only method to change the boot image.  In FXOS when I did a show show app-instance I am only seeing the 9.18 package per below.  I don't understand how I get the FXOS to recognise/see the cisco-asa-fp1k.9.16.4.SPA file which is on disk 0?

I thought maybe i would have to copy the cisco-asa-fp1k.9.16.4.SPA file again via scp in fxos mode but I think it requires the oob IP to bet set.  I cannot commit any changes as the fpr is running in appliance mode.

firepower-1010 /ssa # show ap
app app-instance

firepower-1010 /ssa # show app-instance
Application Name Slot ID Admin State Operational State Running Version Startup Version Deploy Type Profile Name Cluster Oper State Cluster Role
-------------------- ---------- --------------- -------------------- --------------- --------------- ----------- ------------ -------------------- ------------
asa 1 Enabled Online 9.18.4 9.18.4 Native Not Applicable None

1 Reply 1

When downgrading the ASA image on the FTD1010.  Follow the instructions in the following guide.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/upgrade/asa-upgrade/downgrade.html#Cisco_Task.dita_d669dde0-f6ca-4326-9827-403f66183534

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card