cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASAv missing AnyConnect image

dkmz
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to evaluate the Cisco ASAv and have deployed it on Azure but I cannot configure it to allow VPN connections because ASAv is missing the AnyConnect image on flash.  It tells me to download it from the Cisco site but I tried that and cannot download the AnyConnect package becuse I don't have a support contract.  How to get the AnyConnect image so I can evaluate the ASAv for VPN connections?

(Additional info: My client machine already has AnyConnect VPN client installed, but the ASAv wizard won't proceed with the VPN configuration until I give the ASAv a valid AnyConnect installation package) 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For ASAv and FTD devices which use Smart Licensing, you can email licensing@cisco.com. Subject: COVID-19 AnyConnect License Request. Provide your platform information and smart account details and they will provision license for your account that you can then assign via the usual methods.

You may need to tell them you need entitlement to download the software as well - I am not sure they provide that automatically when provisioning the licenses.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can upload the anyconnect package by downloading from Cisco site and follow below proceedure.

http://www.firewall.cx/cisco-technical-knowledgebase/cisco-firewalls/1140-cisco-asa-firewall-anyconnect-secure-mobility-4-upgrade.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

You need to have a service contract with Cisco. It is not possible to download without such a contract even though you have the standard ASAv download from AWS/Azure.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For ASAv and FTD devices which use Smart Licensing, you can email licensing@cisco.com. Subject: COVID-19 AnyConnect License Request. Provide your platform information and smart account details and they will provision license for your account that you can then assign via the usual methods.

You may need to tell them you need entitlement to download the software as well - I am not sure they provide that automatically when provisioning the licenses.

dkmz
Level 1
Level 1
Update: got the AnyConnect installer, but only after my organization provided our Cisco support contract. If I didn't have a support contract w/Cisco I wouldn't have been able to download
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: