Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FDM Firepower 1140 drops connection randomly

MXUser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

We have a Cisco Firepower 1140 on 7.0.1 that drops the local connectivity randomly, it used to be frequent, we did a reboot and no drop for 2 weeks now these are coming again.. how can we troubleshoot this and get the needed logs to know what is happening? again, we have FDM and not FMC managed device.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Connect to the Firepower 1140 , with https://cway.cisco.com/cli/ , then at the top left run 'System Diagnostics' , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi Marce1000,

Thanks for the reply and the hint about the CLI analyzer, never knew such a nice tool was there.. I can't seem to find System Diagnostic however in the left corner.

Thank you

1140-CLI.png

- Probably the particular feature is not available for this device , however configure a syslog server on it , and set the log level at debug , follow-up on the logs and look for unusual events , (if any) , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

MXUser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Logs didn;t show anything particular.. we will try an upgrade to the lates firmware

After these drops became more frequent, Cisco TAC weren;t able to find the root cause, they would see a process being killed but they have no clue what is it.. still the ticket is open with them..

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card