Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Firesight Management Center Generate new RSA

I discovered today that I cannot ssh into FMC(not sure if I have since upgrading to 6.3).  I am able to ping the IP address and login to the management console.  It appears that the ssh key needs to be regenerated.  It is not an access issue has both the System access list and platform settings are permitting ssh from my IP.

error.PNG

Any suggestions on how to generate a new rsa key?  Or a solution to this message?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The problem was with Putty.  As of version 6.3 of FMC the encryption requirements have changed requiring version .7 and above for putty.  This appears to only apply to FMC and not FTD or firepower sensors.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

The problem was with Putty.  As of version 6.3 of FMC the encryption requirements have changed requiring version .7 and above for putty.  This appears to only apply to FMC and not FTD or firepower sensors.

Yes, I've come across that when using customer's remote workstation to access various devices. Lots of admins who use putty have some old version they downloaded years ago that doesn't support modern key exchange.

That's one of many reasons why I never use it on my own workstations. I personally use Xshell but many other also use and prefer SecureCRT.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card