cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Firewall FPR 1120 making outgoing emails to queue up and releasing them slowly

easydee
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community Friends

Please assist i Cisco Firewall FPR 1120 and ever since i put on the network my outgoing emails from Exchange Server 2013 are taking long to be sent out, often queuing at times up to 9 mins. I also have an office 365 protection subscription and my emails are routed through that. My question is do i need to my an exception for the  Office protection and if yes, what configuration changes do i have to make? 

7 Replies 7

Abheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi,
For testing can you bypass the exchange server IP and check.

HTH
Abheesh

Thank you for the response, I am not sure how i can do that. My Exchange server IP address is natted to a public address, how will i be able to achieve that? I have attached my Nat Config, hope it helps

Hi,

Try creating a TRUST rule for incoming & outgoing traffic towards the "Exchg-Private" IP in Access Control Policy and move this rule on top of other rules.

HTH

Abheesh 

I have a permit rule that allows outside traffic to the Exchange Private host and it is on the top of the access rule. My main concern with the Trust rule is that it over provision. For example i won't be able to inspect the incoming traffic. Doesn't that open up my system

Hi,
Is this a new deployment..??
While making the rule action as TRUST we can identify Firepower is queuing the emails or not. When the action is in TRUST try sending emails and see check still the emails are queuing for delivery. This is just for testing after that you can revert the changes.

HTH
Abheesh

Sorry for the late reply, i was not in the office. This is a new deployment, i will try to test it then i will get back to you.

Thank you

Wow, i was really surprised that even with the trust configurations, still my mails are still queuing. What can be the problem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card