Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FMC access control policy POST a 'BLOCK' action

I am trying to post a rule using {'action': 'BLOCK'} but this is failing.  If I change the action to {'action': 'ALLOW'} the POST is successful.  I have configured a rule with the block action in GUI and then checked the output in api-explorer and there the action is also shown as 'BLOCK' so I am uncertain why this is happening.  Anyone seen this issue before and / or have any suggestions on how to remedy the issue?

This is the configuration that is being POSTed:

{'action': 'BLOCK',
'destinationNetworks': {'objects': None},
'destinationPorts': {'objects': None},
'destinationZones': {'objects': None},
'enabled': False,
'logEnd': True,
'name': 'Deny Any',
'sendEventsToFMC': True,
'sourceNetworks': {'objects': None},
'sourceZones': {'objects': [{'id': 'd5997ca8-54bb-11eb-920e-f851204a1f7d',
'name': 'LAN_Zone',
'type': 'SecurityZone'}]},
'type': 'AccessRule'}
Error in connection --> 400 Client Error: 400 for url: https://192.168.0.50/api/fmc_config/v1/domain/e276abec-e0f2-11e3-8169-6d9ed49b625f/policy/accesspolicies/000C29C8-1550-0ed3-0000-017179869187/accessrules

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
3 Replies 3

This is quite odd.  All block posts fail (i.e. BLOCK, BLOCK_REST, etc.) but ALLOW, TRUST, and MONITOR work fine.  Could this be a bug in the 6.7?

I also notice that when trying to add the rule into Mandatory {'metadata': {'section': 'Mandatory'}} this also fails.

--

Hi,

Its sending 400 error code, which denotes the there is some issue with the request being made. 

Looking at the payload, it might be due the reason that you are trying to set 'logEnd' attribute to True for a BLOCK action which is not an expected setting. 

logEnd can be set to true only for ALLOW action.

Regards,

Madhuri

I solved this a while back but forgot to post the solution, and yes the issue was the logEnd being set to true.

--