Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FMC - HA Unable to Connect

Azlan.my07
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, 

I'm having a problem connecting to the high availability, but it fails with the error "Active Peer [IP] already exists." Can you tell me how to fix this? I checked peer manager and there are no peer exits; is there a command to remove from the expert cli?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Sorry I did not quite understand what you are trying to do.  What hardware are you using, and are you trying to setup the high availability or trying to connect to the standby device?

Please provide more detailed description of what you are trying to do and the issue you are running into.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Yes, exactly, I'm trying to connect to stand by. Now the issues resolved and connected, however the synchronization was failed.

The status below:

Config DB Files Synchronization Transaction - Active

Degraded- Synchronization incomplete
( Both Management Centers are configured to run in standalone mode , Database is not configured for high availability , Peer Management Center has fewer devices registered. )

are we talking about FMC, FTD, ASA?

Is the issue with FMC high availability? or is it with FTD or ASA? 

You need to be more detailed with your setup and what the issue is as it is difficult to understand with only small pieces of information in each post.  Also, please provide screenshots of your configuration that is failing as well.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Hi apologize for confusing.. Its FMC. Appliance 2600. Version 6.6.5.2.

It is best to consult TAC before making any changes to the underlying database where the peer information may be stored. Even a small error in changing these settings can make your entire FMC have to be recovered from backup.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card