Helpful
Replies

Cisco FPR-2130 syslog-ng[531] Error

Alex1962
Level 1
Level 1

FPR-2130 ASA Version: 9.14(4)23 ASDM Version: 7.18(1)152
I am getting errors:
syslog-ng[531]: Syslog connection broken; fd='14', server='AF_INET(203.0.113.1:514)', time_reopen='60'
syslog-ng[531]: I/O error occurred while writing; fd='14', error='Connection refused (146)'
syslog-ng[531]: Syslog connection established; fd='14', server='AF_INET(203.0.113.1:514)', local='AF_INET(0.0.0.0:0)'

When I run "show running-config all" - server='AF_INET' or "syslog connect" commands are not present in output. How can I stop this or to be more precise how can I disable these actions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check the reachability to this IP - 203.0.113.1 (is this internal IP or external IP ?

if you like to disable - check below asdm options if you using ASDM -

Choose Configuration > Device Management > Logging > Logging Setup and check mark the Enable logging option.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for reply - ASA side has nothing to do with syslog-ng, it is definitely on fxos side and I am asking how disable syslog-ng there?

203.0.113.1 - what is this IP ?

check FXOS cli config - logging in to chassis :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/fxos/config/asa-2100-fxos-config/cli.html#task_eg5_hyf_ndb

BB

Alex1962
Level 1
Level 1

I am sorry, I should posted screenshot with my original post - it give me errors when I try enter commands to disable syslog.
See below:

Capture2.PNG

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for sending the link.

some time FXOS is very sensitive cut and paste may have issue depends on the terminal client you using.

try doing manually see is the command accepted always or  you can use ? to see the command can view?

BB

Alex1962
Level 1
Level 1

When I type "?" after "#" I see only 3 options available - so that is why "enable" or "disable" are not accepted (probably):

Capture4.PNG

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card