cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco ios router self-signed certificate warning pop-up on anyconnect VPN client

VS3737
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Is it possible to download self-signed certificate from cisco IOS router to update on a computer.

We are trying to stop warning messages pop-up while connecting to anyconnect VPN client.

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes you can generate certificate and install in windows so the warning is disappears

is this for public use or for testing ?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security-vpn/public-key-infrastructure-pki/215118-ios-self-signed-certificate-expiration-o.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji,

Thank you for the response. This will be used publicly. 

Could you please share the steps to download self-signed certificate & install it on pc.

if this is used public faced internet side i  would strongly  suggest not go with  self signed ceritificate - it will be security concern here.

i would prefer to Public CA , like Godday to sign the certificate.

BB

Balaji, Thank you for the suggestion but as of now I am trying to find solution for self-signed certificate. I would appreciate if you can assist me with the steps.

Ok still you like to take risk, that is your business at risk

any way - the document i was provided  has steps, how to generate  certificate.

Once it is generated, copy to TFTP Server and install the Certicate to Windows PC and register it, so it will not give you any more warning- since it is in trusted list.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card