cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Pix 506E Wipe and Reload

thomas.paine
Level 1
Level 1

I got a Pix 506E from work that we have stopped using. I want to configure it for my home network to learn more about the device and use it as my border device.

I have pppoe internet that I read this will handle. I've looked around the site, and checked google looking for a decent startup guide for the device, but can't seem to find one that works for my setup, as I don't fully know what all I should be looking for. I have software version:

border> show version

Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(5)
Cisco PIX Device Manager Version 3.0(4)

Compiled on Thu 04-Aug-05 21:40 by morlee

border up 54 mins 16 secs

Hardware:   PIX-506E, 128 MB RAM, CPU Pentium II 300 MHz
Flash E28F640J3 @ 0x300, 8MB
BIOS Flash AM29F400B @ 0xfffd8000, 32KB

I can't get the gui up, by connection to https://10.17.17.254.

I think I managed to wipe the device and get the pppoe working, in that I put in all my ISP info in the vpdn section.

Maybe if I explain my intentions, someone can guide me to a document, or a startup guide that fits?

This will be my border device and my internet will be on ethernet0. My inside lan will be on ethernet1. The pix will have an IP of 10.17.17.254/24. I have a CentOS 5 server on 10.17.17.1 which will be my primary home server that will control my network, including dhcp.

I have a trixbox on ip 7, and a linksys spa on .9. These are the main things I will want to get working in the beginning. I will be hosting my domain and mail on my CentOS box, and want to get my voip phone system working with the trixbox.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

-=/>Thom

1 Reply 1
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card