cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Security Manager question

spembry12
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know when CSM version 4.4 will be out and will the functionality ever exist where the CSM can send an email alert if a high or medium signature gets triggered.  The IPS Manager Express (IME) has this function but the CSM currently does not.  Currently I am using both the CSM and IME, one for email alerting (IME) and the other for updating our IPS's and for monitoring.  Ideally I would like to do away with the IME.

2 Replies 2

jp.senior
Level 1
Level 1

I too am waiting for such a functionality.

In the meantime I have created a custom event filter that triggers on severity 60 and higher - this sets an 'snmp alert' action.  The IPS itself forward an SNMP trap to an NMS and I convert it to email at that point.

It's not very sophisticated but it does let me get alerts with some information in an automated fashion.

That is the only way I have found to be able to do it too. 

jp.senior wrote:

I too am waiting for such a functionality.

In the meantime I have created a custom event filter that triggers on severity 60 and higher - this sets an 'snmp alert' action.  The IPS itself forward an SNMP trap to an NMS and I convert it to email at that point.

It's not very sophisticated but it does let me get alerts with some information in an automated fashion.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card