Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Sourcefire (Firesight) - Rate limit by application

andy_4578
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Were looking to rate limit traffic on our SFR by application such as SharePoint Cloud.  The release notes of SFR 6.1 state that it can do it as of this release but I cant find any documentation on how?

We've installed 6.1 and its up and running but having searched through the available options I cant find anywhere to rate limit.

Does anyone know how or are the release notes misleading?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

FirePOWER Management Center 6.1 supports rate limiting with QoS policies for FirePOWER Threat Defense (FTD) devices only. 

To perform policy-based rate limiting, configure and deploy QoS policies to managed devices. Reference the full FirePOWER Management Center 6.1 Configuration Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/610/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v61.html

The html version seems to be missing some bits but if you download the full book in pdf format, you will see the details described in Chapter 36 beginning on Page 657.

Thanks for the reply Marvin.

Are the QoS policies only available based on the license in Firepower? as I cant select any of the managed devices.

We only have "Classic" licenses

Are you managed devices running the new converged FTD image?

QoS policies will not work with classic FirePOWER image - no matter what license.

How do I tell if the ASA is running the new converged FTD image?

The FirePower software is version 6.1.0-330 if that's it?

Very big disappointment for firepower, get so many complains came from customers

license this, license that....

also, these devices cannot even do the most simple thing like rate limiting per AD user which can be done by another cheaper brands.

Losing some opportunities and active customers here.

Cisco better do something about this very soon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card