cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks - Devices failing in CFG mgmt. but not visible in RME

ERIK LAWAETZ
Level 1
Level 1

In Cisco Works RME under Configuration Archival Summary (Archive Mgmt) I have a number of devices, which have failed their config collection.

My problem is, that some of these devices are present with very limited information only if I open them in Device Center. The only options presented to me are:

Management Station to Device

Ping

Telnet

Trace Route

Cisco View

Mini RMON

Essentially I'm unable to change e.g. Device Credentials or in any other way actually edit essential attributes of the device, since it's not listed when I look for it under the devices in RME@<my server>.

It's as if the device is known inside RME, yet not really there.

Any advice on where to find it?

5 Replies 5

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

Try Manually updating the RME device credentials, using Change Device Attributes

The whole point is, that I can't do that!

I simply don't have any useful options presented to me, when I open the device in Device Manager, so I can't change Device Credentials or any other options which would normally be available to me.

It's as if Cisco Works has learned about the device, yet it's not available/visible e.g. in the RME database.

I suppose the trick is to manually fiddle with the underlying database, however that's done?

Instead of changing them in under Device Center or Device Manager go to Common Services -- Device and Credentials -- Device Management and select the devices in the CS branch, not RME. Can you browse to them there and then select edit?

No, I can't select them anywhere, and that's the puzzling thing.

They are known somewhere inside CW, but not selectable anywhere.

You might want to open a TAC SR for this issue, seems to be something seriously wrong with the server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card