Views
Helpful
Replies

command to show password policy on cisco FTD (ASA) and also on FTD

systems100
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I having been using Cisco FTD for quite a while now and i understand it is quite complex to manage via the cli hence the need for a FMC for proper management. Please i need a command to locate the  user password policy set on the cisco FTD via CLI.

Also please what is the command to display the user password policy on the cisco Firepower (ASA) too via CLI?.

Cos i manage two Firepower devices, one having a FTD image while around runs an ASA Image.

Please what is the command to show the user password policy configured on both?.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You're welcome @systems100 Please mark my reply as a correct answer if it satisfies your inquiry.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you asking about local user passwords?

Yes,

Local user password to the FTD and also Firepower (ASA)

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't believe the local management users' password settings on FTD are stored in a file or setting that is readable by the admin user. The local users on FTD created for VPN access (i.e., via FDM) do not have configurable password policies.

On ASA software, you can see the local user password policy via "show run | i password-policy".

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for your response.

You're welcome @systems100 Please mark my reply as a correct answer if it satisfies your inquiry.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: