Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

concurrent session

hello all,

i would like to clarify regarding concurrent session in a firewall..

what is concurrent session?

how do we calculate it?

thanks

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Duplicate posts.

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Concurrent sessions means the number of connections n the connection table at the same time on the ASA.

You can check the current amount and the maximum amount that has been active at the same time (since last reload for example) with the following command

show conn count

If the devices maximum connection amount is reached then any new connections are prevented from forming through the ASA

Hope this helps

Please do remember to mark the reply as the correct answer if it answered your question.

Ask more if needed

- Jouni

thanks jouni,

is there a way to calculate a cuncurrent session?

Hi,

As I said, you can use the command

show conn count

This will list the amount of connections in the ASAs connection table at the time you issue the command. It will also tell what has been the maximum amount of connections on the ASA during the time its been up since last reboot.

Example from one firewall

ASA# sh conn count

11036 in use, 46990 most used

- Jouni

hi jouni,

what i mean is do we have a formula for manual calculation for cuncurrent session? what if my firewall is not cisco..e.g. fortinet and i need to know its concurrent session? per pc?

thanks

Hi,

Well I only deal with Cisco firewalls so I cant really help you with other vendors devices.

I would imagine that they would also have a way to show the same information than Cisco firewalls. I also would imagine that you shouldnt need to count anything like this with any formula, the device should show the information to you.

On the ASA there is also the following command

show local-host

This shows more information on connections through the firewall.

- Jouni

thanks jouni..

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card