cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Firepower services on Cisco asa 5506 with ASDM

thedeuce50
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few 5506 firewalls and they are fully licensed with Firepower services, Control, Protection, URL Filtering, Malware. I plan on running and configuring all of it on the 5506 through ASDM. I was wondering if there are any guides for a basic configuration and setup of policies available. Something to show a basic setup that would technically start inspecting traffic and working. Then I can edit it and make changes to my liking.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My recommendation to customers is to review Cisco Live presentation, BRKSEC-2018. Please refer to slide 56 onward for a good overview of how policies are setup in a FirePOWER module.

There are also a number of other detailed guides available in the FireSIGHT Management Center product support page should you care to learn more about customization and operations. You may also find the series of ASA FirePOWER videos on demand at Labminutes.com useful to guide you on performing basic operations of your system.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My recommendation to customers is to review Cisco Live presentation, BRKSEC-2018. Please refer to slide 56 onward for a good overview of how policies are setup in a FirePOWER module.

There are also a number of other detailed guides available in the FireSIGHT Management Center product support page should you care to learn more about customization and operations. You may also find the series of ASA FirePOWER videos on demand at Labminutes.com useful to guide you on performing basic operations of your system.

Ok I will give those links a look for sure.

Thanks for the reply Marvin.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card