cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Ironport C160 email appliance

chrisjmolloy
Level 1
Level 1

Just configured two of the ethernet interfaces on ironport unit. 

Here is an example of the problem I am encountering.

One interace is setup as the management interface on a 1 subnet  (which is our main network/domain)

Second interace is setup on a 2 subnet (eventually this will be configured to receive incoming/outgoingmail)

I copied most of the settings from our old firewall for testing purposes.  I can ping our old email firewall which on 2 subnet from our main subnet (1) successfully.

The only way I can get a successful ping with the Ironprot is to have the management interface hooked into our main network.  We don't want this.  We do have Ironport firewall and Webfilter setup similar and working fine.

Is there someway I can configure this unit to allow both subnets to talk successfully to each other without having the managment interface connected all the time??

This is my first time setting this up, so anyhelp would be greatly appreciated and if possible instructions on how to create the rule to allow to subnets to talk.

1 Reply 1

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Chris,

I guess you are in the wrong section, kindly move your thread to the Ironport Section for expert support;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/security/ironport/email

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card