cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring SNMP and DHCP Relay via API on FTD running 7.1 via CDO

ABaker94985
Spotlight
Spotlight

I'm not quite following what needs to be one with API to configure SNMP and DHCP relay on an FTD that we're just installing. I tracked down the following from https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-security/cisco-ftd-7-0-manage-by-fdm-dhcp-relay/m-p/4469376, but there are several "string" values for ip/type/version I simply don't know what to fill in. Maybe they are critical, maybe not. I've been searching through Cisco documentation and Google, but I'm not making progress. Here is the DHCP relay configuration. Can someone help me with the string values? Second question: Does anyone have a config script for SNMP? Thank you.

{
"version": "string",
"name": "dhcprelay",
"ipv4RelayTimeout": 60,
"ipv6RelayTimeout": 60,
"servers": [
{
"server": {
"id": "string",
"type": "networkobject",
"name": "dhcpHost"
},
"interface": {
"type": "string",
"name": "servers"
},
"type": "dhcprelayserver"
}
],
"agents": [
{
"enableIpv4Relay": true,
"enableIpv6Relay": true,
"setRoute": false,
"id": "string,
"name": "aaaa"
},
"type": "dhcprelayagent"
},
{
"enableIpv4Relay": true,
"enableIpv6Relay": true,
"setRoute": false,
"name": "ffff"
},
"type": "dhcprelayagent"
}

],
"type": "dhcprelayservice",
"links": {
"self": "string"
}
}

5 Replies 5

Andy-G
Level 1
Level 1

ABaker, Were you able to figure out a solution? I'm having the same issue

ABaker94985
Spotlight
Spotlight

Never did. I think the version in the title was in error, as we're currently on 7.0.4 code and will be moving to 7.0.5.  SNMP and DHCP relay are natively supported on 7.0.4.

Oh, that's interesting. I've upgraded to 7.0.5-72 and don't see anything in the FTD menu. Still looks like an API is needed. Would you mind showing how you're doing it now?

SNMP: Devices > Platform Settings > SNMP

DHCP Relay: Devices > Device Management > Select FTD > DHCP tab. On the left, you'll see DHCP Server and DHCP Relay. Within there, configure the DHCP Servers and add the configuration to the DHCP Relay Agent.

Ahh, You're using an FMC to manage the devices. I was hoping someone had an answer to the original problem on the FTD itself. We aren't running enough devices to warrant a Firepower Management Center and only have the Firepower Threat Defense appliance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: