cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection problems when initiating connections over vpn (asa5505)

revetregrath
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have a webserver hosted at a computing center which serves different services on multiple ip's configured on one network-adapter.

Basically it's just a NAT plus ACL for every IP plus the Site to Site tunnel to my office.

Now I bought a second server plus a management client, also stationed at that computing center. My wish was to connect them to the internal ports of the ASA also but my hoster said it's not possible due to the distance between the machines. But he also said that his switches are all in the same vlan and that he could just put up the second lan interface of the asa to the switch. I now configured my new devices on my internal lan ip's using my asa as gateway instead of his default gateways. After disabling ARP-Proxy on the inside interface at worked. I could reach my new devices via ping and rdp but only when I was connected to my first server via rdp also. It was still possible to ping my first server over my vpn without losses (The first server is connected to the asa directly) But when I start pinging the new server from my home lan it looses pakets every 2 to 3 pings. Also rdp directly to the new server is not possible. On the live logging I'm getting messages like 

Deny inbound icmp src outside:10.0.70.246 dst outside:10.0.64.15 (type 0, code 0)

Inbound TCP connection denied from 10.0.70.246/3389 to 10.0.64.15/49887 flags ACK  on interface outside

Inbound TCP connection denied from 10.0.70.246/3389 to 10.0.64.15/49890 flags PSH ACK  on interface outside

I have included the actual running-config. Hopefully someone knows a solution

1 Reply 1

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I may need to like narrow it down a bit cuz I am not quite following.

You have two servers on your internal network, one is reachable and the other one is not over the VPN, is that correct?  I may also need IP addresses to see whats going on. The file wont open so I am not able to see the actual config.

If you do a Show ARP on the ASA, what is the resulting ARP for those servers?

Mike

Mike
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card