cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connections problem on pix 501

haimb
Level 1
Level 1

we're using pix 501 and we have 5 vpn tunnels between offices. We have license for 50 internal ip's. Although we didn't reach the max.number of ip's, there were some people in the office that could not be connect to internet but they can connect to internal servers without problem. I connected to pix and did "clear xlate" and then everything was fine. Those that could not be connected, suddenly started to connect. The problem reoccured after couple of hours and I had to do the same thing. We're using 501 since 2+ years with the same PIX software version 6.1(1) and these problems started suddenly. We haven't changed anything in the configuration.

Can someone help me about this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Haim Beyhan

nospam_haimb@enigma.com (remove _nospam to send mail)

1 Reply 1

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

It is possibly a virus problem. An infected PC/PC's might be spoofing addresses and saturating the licence limit. You need to update your antivirus software and also use the command 'ip verify reverse-path interface inside' (more information about the command at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_62/cmdref/gl.htm#1053009)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card