Views
Helpful
Replies

Content filtering on unlicensed ASA-CX

MohaLeen1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone please advise if it is possible to configure URL/Content filtering on an ASA-CX box with an expired license?

I've logged onto the onbox PRSM, I'm unable to create objects and policies needed to enable filtering.

Also, I've setup redirection to the CX (for testing purposes), however in the present state (unlicensed) all browsing shows a "redirecting"  screen and nothing happens the message remains there and traffic doesn't seem to get redirected to the ASA. is this also due to the licensing (there are currently no policies in place)

We are in process of purchasing the  AVC and WSE licenses, so I just want to double check what the expected behaviour should be.

Many Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CX is end of sales and new licenses are not being sold by Cisco as of 17 August 2015. Reference.

An unlicensed CX generally cannot enforce, create or modify policies via its on-box PRSM (nor can it take them from an off-box PRSM) if the license for the feature is not present and active (i.e unexpired). It's explained in more detail in the User Guide section on licensing.

You should be using the FirePOWER module and associated licenses for any new deployments.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CX is end of sales and new licenses are not being sold by Cisco as of 17 August 2015. Reference.

An unlicensed CX generally cannot enforce, create or modify policies via its on-box PRSM (nor can it take them from an off-box PRSM) if the license for the feature is not present and active (i.e unexpired). It's explained in more detail in the User Guide section on licensing.

You should be using the FirePOWER module and associated licenses for any new deployments.

I wasn't aware of this, thanks Marvin.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card