cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Critical alert

mahmoud.awney1
Level 1
Level 1

this is critical problem, and I don't solve this problem. Please i nead help.

8 Replies 8

ankojha
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, 

Looking at the alert it seems it is indicating memory issue. 

Could you try opening a support case and attach a troubleshoot file to the case so that 

we can assist you further with the high memory root cause and solution.

Thanks,

Ankita

please, I don't know the command to enter the shell. can you help me ?

SSH to the IP of the VM.  Or go into the vSphere client and access the console from there.

I need to enter shell linux

If you are using Linux, you can use a terminal window to ssh from.  If you are using Windows you can us an ssh client i.e. putty.

sourcefire based on linux. and to run command such as top command to know process or pkill to kill process i can't. so i need to enter linux shell don't how access shell.

Thanks

The alert is for RAM usage, not CPU.  You don't have much RAM associated with the sensor.  Depending on the version of OS you're running it could be bug based on the code version.  Or you could have an issue with the type of traffic.  If you have RAM available on your Hypervisor, you could throw a couple more gig of RAM on the VM.

If you want to look at TOP, you can simply enter "expert" at the cli than run "top".

Mike Wise
Level 1
Level 1

You are probably going to need a little more information than simply an image.  Code version your running etc.  Your alert specifies a memory issue.  Does the alert stay in all the time or come and go as traffic volume increases?  Have you tried increasing the amount of RAM?  Does it make any difference?

Good luck.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card