cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA MC unable to register

shoaibalam
Level 1
Level 1

I have CSA-MC 4.0.3 installed on Cisco works VMS 2.2 on a Windows 2000 Advanced Server. I want to install Server Agents on my Windows 2003 Servers which are domain controllers, DNS Servers, SQL Servers and File Servers. I got 5 CSA Agent server licenses by registering them and getting the license files. I have installed them in the License option in CSA-MC. I have 2 issues:

1. The CSA Agent after getting installed in the Windows 2003 Server does not register itself with the CSA-MC, what could be the reason?

2. How can the agent know when getting installed which license key it will be associating to?

Please reply

5 Replies 5

aduerr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Q1

Could be for several reasons. First check that your 5 licenses are displayed correctly thereby verifying your imported lic files. Does DNS work correctly?(VMS/CSAMC needs DNS) Are the CSA Clients able to contact the CSAMC on TCP/5401 or fallback TCP/443?

VMS need a static IP (no dynamic DHCP).

Q2

The agent reports OS version(workstation or server) to CSAMC. Thus CSAMC subtract 1 license either from desktop or server licenses.

Regards,

Arne

Q1. Thanks for your reply. Yes i have verified that all the licenses are displayed correctly. There are a total of 7 licenses: one for VMS, one for the CSA-agent for VMS, and then the 5 licenses with their PAK identifiers. Regarding DNS, let me tell you how my setup is structured. Lets go this way that the VMS Windows 2K machine name is "vms" with domain name "abc.org", where abc.org is the Windows 2003 domain name on which this VMS machine is added by me. DNS server is running on this machine but i have not defined any forward or reverse lookup zones on this machine. The VMS machine's contacts the Windows 2003 Domain Controller which is also the DNS Server for the DNS lookups. The CSA-agent machine is also a member server of this domain and can ping the "vms.abc.org" and also with "vms" names. So i think the DNS resolution is ok but i want to ask you is there any mistake commited here on my behalf? if then what should be the correct DNS structure?

I have not checked CSA clients for the above mentioned ports, i will check and will let u know.

Q2. I got your point. Kindly comment on point 1 and my queries.

Include VMS's FQDN in forwared and reverse lookup zones on the DNS server. VMS needs todo nslookups,too.

Maybe check CSAMC event log for deny events up to now.

Yes VMS FQDN is already included in the forward and reverse lookup zones on the Domain Controller's DNS Servers for which this VMS machine is a DNS client as well. Any thing else which i am missing? Kindly comment

Yes VMS FQDN is already included in the forward and reverse lookup zones on the Domain Controller's DNS Servers for which this VMS machine is a DNS client as well. Any thing else which i am missing? Kindly comment

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card