Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Dear Sir,I have a question on CBWFQ + WREDfor examplepolicy-map test class ftp-trafficbandwidth 2000random-detectclass otherfair-queueMy requirement is to give minimum bandwidth to all ftp traffic on my wan link and also reduce packet loss by using c...

bigeric by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,I am a beginner in QoS. I have three classes of traffic on my 100M link. For class A, I would like to police it to 10M, for class B, I would like to shape it to 10M(peak), for class C, I would like to give it highest weight during congestio...

bigeric by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a strange problem. My PIX is logging fine to my messages file but I am unable to get it to log to my LOCAL# file. Do I need to reload the PIX to get this change to take effect? I have attached the piece of the config and the syslog.conf. I hav...

bberry by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am in the process of migrating some of our call centers from ISDN circuits to VPN. Currently we have a Cisco 3060 concentrator as our head router and using a pix 501 from the one user call center. Each call center consists of one user a pix 501, bu...

vabruno by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, Had an interesting question from a customer this morning. They have an Enterasys Dragon IDS appliance and were wondering if it could interact with a PIX for shunning. Anyone seen or tried this? Some input would be appreciated. Thanks Ali

Hi,Can we assign 2 IP addresses to the same interface of any PIX firewall (Just like secondary interface on the router)? Is this feature available with 6.3(3) version? Regards,Sunil

sunilyk by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a requirement to allow two separate sites establish a VPN to our Cisco Pix. The Pix will terminate the VPN for both sites, they both need to access the same resources on the private lan, however we need to bring one of the remote sites thro...

I'm trying to setup a DMZ on my PIX 515E running 6.2(2) for a webserver.I have the DMZ interface setup. My workstations on the inside interfaceare able to access the webserver, but not from the outside interface.What am I doing wrong?For config purp...

sbrock by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Looking at the Pix Device Manager I can see access rules associated with reference numbers, just like many other vendors' firewall GUIs.Now my questions are:1) What is the link between such reference numbers and the actual PIX config file ?2) Is ther...

apasquino by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have my trap logging set to Notifications and noticed that smtp traffic is not being logged. All other protocols are being logged such as http, https, ftp, rtsp, etc. Why is smtp not being logged? If I increase the trap logging level to Informat...

NMS

Dear All, I am working in Callcenter. very small setup. can anybody suggest any free NMS to monitor my campus network. i hv 4000 cat switch as a core and for accesst 3500 switches.rgds,ciscobuddy

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card