Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM 4.3 folder \mdc\reports\temp

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All

My CSM folder <path to csm>\MDC\reports\temp\ is fairly filled up with some files. Currently 30'001 files with a size of 8.16 GB.

The new released SP1 has a fix for this:http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtz86266

I've installed the SP1 yesterday, but the folder is still not cleaned up/purged today.

Does anybody know if it's save to delete those files or if they get somewhen purged automatically?

Thanks

Pato

4 Replies 4

I have the same issue. Wait to see if any files are created or modified after the sp1 install date and if not then the fix is only addressing any files created by sp1. I'd be fairly comfortable with deletingthem. If things break then restore from backup

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

There are new files since the patch, but it looks like less. I did not get any new ips*** files since though.

I'll watch it one more week and then probably going to delete the old files.

Hi.

the temp folder on my server yesterday was at 12Gb but this morning it is down to 2.3Gb.  The only items in there are IPS zip folders so it looks like the fix in sp1 is clearing down the folder.  Earliest folder is 8/10/2012.  Its likely your temp folder will also have cleared down.

No change here yet. But also no new files yet.    

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card