Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM 4.4 Database

Hello,

I'm going to install CSM 4.4 in VMware ESXi 5.0. The database administrator suggest install the database of CSM in other database server, my question is if that is possible, I can't finf any document about this.

Thanks for the help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Sybase database needs to be on the same servers as the rest of CSM. It generally doesn't take up much space in itself. for large installations (>50 managed deives) there are some published recommendations for tunig the db here.

The major user of space is the event log. You can optionally set it to archive to a separate server for both the basic and extended event store. See the instructions here.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Sybase database needs to be on the same servers as the rest of CSM. It generally doesn't take up much space in itself. for large installations (>50 managed deives) there are some published recommendations for tunig the db here.

The major user of space is the event log. You can optionally set it to archive to a separate server for both the basic and extended event store. See the instructions here.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card