Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM 4.7 possible bug??

bergamok
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am having this issue on a new/clean installation of CSM 4.7 without any firewalls managed (originally installed 4.3 then upgraded to 4.5 and 4.7).

The issue was not there with CSM4.1 (Common services 3.3.0)

The CMFOGSServer.log file is growing quickly and is filled with these messages, although CSm is not used (no firewall is managed yet).

The below message appear every minute:

[ Wed Mar 04  9:20:07 UTC 2015 ]FATAL  com.cisco.nm.dcr.asa.TopoChangePoller createConnection  Could not establish DB connectivity com.cisco.nm.cmf.dbservice2.DBException: Invalid database property file. Database name or password are missing for DSN 'ani'.
[ Wed Mar 04  9:20:07 UTC 2015 ]FATAL  com.cisco.nm.dcr.asa.TopoChangePoller checkForChanges   TopoChangePoller threw an exception at the time of checking for changes. The exception is java.lang.Exception: Could not establish DB connectivity com.cisco.nm.cmf.dbservice2.DBException: Invalid database property file. Database name or password are missing for DSN 'ani'.
[ Wed Mar 04  9:21:07 UTC 2015 ]FATAL  com.cisco.nm.dcr.asa.TopoChangePoller createConnection  Could not establish DB connectivity com.cisco.nm.cmf.dbservice2.DBException: Invalid database property file. Database name or password are missing for DSN 'ani'.
[ Wed Mar 04  9:21:07 UTC 2015 ]FATAL  com.cisco.nm.dcr.asa.TopoChangePoller checkForChanges   TopoChangePoller threw an exception at the time of checking for changes. The exception is java.lang.Exception: Could not establish DB connectivity com.cisco.nm.cmf.dbservice2.DBException: Invalid database property file. Database name or password are missing for DSN 'ani'.

The log file status report on CSM GUI recommends this file shouldn't be bigger than 1MB, but mine is already 18 MB after a couple of weeks...

Did anyone have the same issue and fixed it?

Thanks

Kevin

3 Replies 3

bergamok
Level 1
Level 1

Should I just ignore those log messages, and use the LOG Rotation feature  to limit the size of the log file?

skipi
Level 1
Level 1

Kevin, did you manage to resolve this issue?

I have the same problem and I cannot get into Devices part of Configuration Manager to add new devices or manage already added.

I have the same error log whihc grew to 12MB.

thanks

Jan

Hi Jan, 

No I still haven't found a solution, however my installation is in a lab, and I am able to manage  devices and add new ones. 

Anyway I will raise a Cisco tac case before upgrading to this version in our production network..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: