cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM3.3.1 and CSM4.0 - Windows 7 compatibility

khmeade
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Just wondering if there is support for the CSM client on WIndows 7 32-bit platform.

I don't see it mentioned in any documentation even for 4.0.

Is the Client supported on Windows 7 currently and if not or not so is there documentation to this end?

Currently we run Vista Business in house but are rolling out Windows 7 to most clients.

thanks

Ken

6 Replies 6

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ken,

According to http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/security_management/cisco_security_manager/security_manager/4.0/installation/guide/requirem.html Windows 7 is not supported for the CSM 4.0 client.

I have seen people use it with no problem though. So, it is not officially supported, but it works most of the times.

I hope it helps.

PK

thanks for the response, I think I am one of those who have found it not to work properly.

Is it on any road-maps at all?

is there anyone here who has been sucessful with Windows 7 and CSM in particular deploying policy to ASA devices or any device for that matter.

Validation of policy is fine.

Ken

There is that probability.

But open one, because development needs to give the verdict on it being oficially added on next release or if they can provide insight on the current issue. TAC need to verify with them.

I hope it helps.

PK

edelman99
Level 1
Level 1

Ken,

We recently upgraded from 3.2.2 to 4.0.1 and found the main client portion of CSM to function well under Windows 7.  The issue is with the event manager (the main reason we upgraded to 4.x) that does not work... only part of the screen shows up and the rest is grayed out but when you move your cursor around content appears/disappears.  I will either open a TAC case or consult with my account team to see when Windows 7 will be officially supported.

Shane

Shane, this is the information I got from an SE in Ireland on this issue:

“Version 4.1 will have W7 support and is scheduled for release 1st half of CY2011”

Additional information is that based on tests CSM 4.0 client works fine on Win7, however it is not officially supported solution.

Same thing applies to CSM 3.x on WIN7 (in Vista mode) – it is not officially supported.

Ken

It's now january 2011 and we experience the event viewer problem on win7 x64 as well. From what it looks it is only GUI problem and they should have fixed it by now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: