cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Current vs Old Anyconnect License on ASA 5585-x

awilliams3
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking into purchasing a ASA 5585-x with ssp 60 and 10,000 Anyconnect Premium Peers. If these are an Anyconnect Premium license instead of an Apex will it not work? Or will it have less features. I have tried searching on the subject but there is a lot of conflicting information about it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

functionality no difference, Existing AnyConnect customers can think of AnyConnect Apex as similar to the discontinued AnyConnect Premium and Shared. With both AnyConnect Plus and Apex continuing to add additional features and services, the value of AnyConnect term-based offers has and will continue to increase over time.

Q.Can I mix and match AnyConnect Plus, VPN or VPN Only licenses with older Essentials or Premium licenses?
A. No. Discontinued Essentials or Premium licenses do not co-exist on the same hardware as newer Plus, Apex or VPN Only licenses. Additionally, VPN Only licenses do not co-exist on the same hardware with Plus or Apex licenses.

Q.How do I know if I need AnyConnect Plus or Apex license?
A. The Plus license provides similar connectivity as was available with the original Essentials license while the Apex license provides many of the same capabilities from the Premium or Shared license. A full breakdown of features is noted in the AnyConnect Ordering guide.

please do not forget to rate.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

ASA5585-X is EOL now. Consider Secure Firewall (Also Known as FTD) 2100 series or 4100/9300 series.

Here and Here and Here are the information you need to aware of.

I was just wondering if End-of life means they won't work? Like will the anyconnect client be able to connect to them

The ASA-5000 series are gone EOL (I mean these physical boxes are EOL) on the otherside the ASA code is still alive. if you buy FTD boxes you can run either the FTD software (Unified ASA code+NGIPS together) or you can run the ASA code (software on these FTD units 1000/2100/4100/9300)

now coming back to your question. End of life does not mean they wont work. they will work and anyconnect client will be able to connect to these units. If i am not wrong the last train (ASA software code you can run on 5585 is 9.12.4).

Thank you for all of the help and I just have one more question. For the licensing is there a difference as far as the functionality of the older licensing (Essentials and Premium) vs the newer licensing (Plus and Apex) or is it the same connection just the plus and apex and be moved and shared

functionality no difference, Existing AnyConnect customers can think of AnyConnect Apex as similar to the discontinued AnyConnect Premium and Shared. With both AnyConnect Plus and Apex continuing to add additional features and services, the value of AnyConnect term-based offers has and will continue to increase over time.

Q.Can I mix and match AnyConnect Plus, VPN or VPN Only licenses with older Essentials or Premium licenses?
A. No. Discontinued Essentials or Premium licenses do not co-exist on the same hardware as newer Plus, Apex or VPN Only licenses. Additionally, VPN Only licenses do not co-exist on the same hardware with Plus or Apex licenses.

Q.How do I know if I need AnyConnect Plus or Apex license?
A. The Plus license provides similar connectivity as was available with the original Essentials license while the Apex license provides many of the same capabilities from the Premium or Shared license. A full breakdown of features is noted in the AnyConnect Ordering guide.

Thank you 

L-ASA5585-SEC-PL= has VPN access in it

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card