Views
Helpful
Replies

DC shows no link on sensor but I have traffic though one interface

ltodd2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have a new install thats still in learning mode.  I have an alert on the DC for one of the sensors saying that s1p1 - s1p4 has no link.

We have an active/standby ASA pair behind the sensor. and 2 nexus's in front.  One nexus connects to s1p1 and s1p2 connects to the asa and same for the other using s1p3 and s1p4.

the DC is showing no link on any of the 4 ports and from the sensor gui the interface traffic graph only shows traffic on eth0.  I can connect to the active asa but not the standby.  This should show traffic on the graphs but nothing.  Both asa and nexus interfaces are connected.  I tried to set s1p3 and s1p4 to propagate link state yesterday,  After applying the task seems stuck in polling and has been like this over night.

Anyone any ideas or need more info.

Thanks

Lee

2 Replies 2

ankojha
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Lee,

Probably the traffic is only for manegement interface eth0 and not for any other ports.

Did you check in sensor CLI/GUI if it is showing interface in enabled state ?

Thanks,

Ankita

Agreed that In all likelihood, the action is only for management interface eth0 and not for some different ports.this might hurt sources too. website

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card