Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleting a Logical Interface removes partly ASA conf

Hi,

I am running asa 8.4(3) and asdm 6.4(7).

I have a serious issue when i delete a logical interface via asdm, it seems like a big part of the asa configuration disapear as well, and then loose conenctivity.

I have removed manually all the configuration associated to this interface, either in the firewall and routing sections. A double-check on the conf file shows that there are NO configuration left associated with this interface.

So I deleted it using ASDM, and then the worse happened, i loose part of all ASA configuration.

A copy paste or a backupe conf allowed me to roll back, and according to the console looks like MOST of the asa conf was gone.

If you have any idea,  any experience or know any related bugs, i would appreciate your help!

Best regards

Florian

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I would suggest doing it  straight from the CLI instead of ASDM. I have never trust the ASDM to  give an accurate information about changes.

Could you also tell us the configuration of the actual interface that you removing?

I would also suggest on the ASDM  side that you enable the preview of the commands sent to the ASA so you  can see exactly what commands the ASDM is going to issue on the ASA.

Removing an interface that holds  a "nameif" should not remove anything else other than configurations  referring to that interface. I wonder if you are actually changing  something related to interface configuration that  will affect more interfaces than just the one you are intending to  change/remove.

- Jouni

Hi Jouni,

thanks for your message. I enabled the command preview on the ADSM and could see that nothing else is removed aprt from the interface. I had same issue with the CLI.

I openned a SR and TAC found this bug :

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCty45900

Removing an interface will affect the NAT configuration where "any" keyword is used.

I guess i will upgrade.

Thanks !

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card