cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Destination Ports for Sharepoint

ohareka70
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,  My server team have sharepoint installed on the DMZ.  I have a firewall rule (1) allowed for corporate network access to the dmz on htttps which works fine.  But i also from the dmz rule (2) back to the domain controllers on the corporate network for authentication.  Rule (2) is causing an issue because the destination port keeps changing.  Ie one day its something like tcp/60011 and the next week it can change to tcp/60022 etc.

How do i get the firewall to stop changing the destination port?

Or does the change need to be made on the windows server?

thanks

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Depending on what Firewall it is, you can filter based on application and keep the destination tcp/udp port to any.

(Firepower can do this)

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thanks for that

How would i lock down the dynamic port range between tcp/49152 – 65535 on the destination service on the firewall.  Say i picked 49157 - would i also have to harden the windows 2016 server to also just use that same port.  If a create a tcp/service is that the same as creating a tcp port range

Its for Sharepoint

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card