Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

disk and flash and factory reset

I did a configure factory-default on a 5505 and after the reboot it set the asa back to the internal interface 192.168.1.1 and everything else as expected. But why did it stil use the previous password that was set when I when into enable mode? I figure the factory-default would have wiped that out as well?

Also, can someone simply explain the difference between flash and disk0? I'd apreciate it if someone could just simply explain without sending links as this will just make me have more questions.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Also, can someone simply explain the difference between flash and disk0?

"flash:" means internal storage.

"disk0:" means EXTERNAL storage.  In older hardware this could mean a compact flash.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Also, can someone simply explain the difference between flash and disk0?

"flash:" means internal storage.

"disk0:" means EXTERNAL storage.  In older hardware this could mean a compact flash.

But why did it stil use the previous password that was set when I when  into enable mode? I figure the factory-default would have wiped that out  as well?

Not sure.

But, in the wireless sphere, there are two ways to wipe an access point.  The second method, "wr erase", will only erase the config but your static IP address remains.  You have to use the first method, "wr default-config", and this will erase everything.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card