Helpful
Replies

Dynamic Access Policies on FTD or similar

wcutajar
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I'm setting up a new FTD which is being controlled by FDM

It looks like Dynamic Access Policies is not available like it was on ASA, I want to set up Remote Access VPN that only gives access to users which are in a specific Security Group, can this be achieved in any other way?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @wcutajar 

If you just want to control RAVPN login access, use a RADIUS server and create a rule to explictly grant access based on the group membership. The RADIUS server could be a Windows server running NPS or FreeRadius, you don't necessarily need to purchase ISE.

FYI, Dynamic Access Policies is now available on FTD from version 7.0, but only if managed via FMC.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi @wcutajar 

If you just want to control RAVPN login access, use a RADIUS server and create a rule to explictly grant access based on the group membership. The RADIUS server could be a Windows server running NPS or FreeRadius, you don't necessarily need to purchase ISE.

FYI, Dynamic Access Policies is now available on FTD from version 7.0, but only if managed via FMC.

wcutajar
Level 1
Level 1

Can confirm that it works, I've set up a RADIUS server with reply attributes and worked flawlessly.

Thanks again @Rob Ingram 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card