cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic DNS

Haziyah Ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

How to configure Dynamic DNS on cisco asa ASDM? I want to connect it with No-IP.com. My public IP 202.186.57.121.

I've created a hostname for my connection, but I don't know how to verify if my configuration successful or not.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello
that’s the whole point of DDNS is if your isp assigned ip address changes(which can do frequently) But you have a dns recored that needs to be updated based on the old/new ip address of that isp assigned ip - then the DDNS client( your rtr/fw) would contact the isp provider that providing DDNS and the related dns recored would be updated with the new assigned isp address 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is your Public IP fixed or changes ? if fixed you can verify the same on Dyna DNS Site.

some reference :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa84/configuration/guide/asa_84_cli_config/basic_ddns.html

you can test from external using FQDN name see if that packet reaches your ASA.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I've configured the Dynamic DNS, but I noticed that my public IP address changed. Can you explain why this happened?

I've configured the Dynamic DNS, but I noticed that my public IP address changed. Can you explain why this happened?

If you have Piublic IP Fixed or Dynamic ? if Dynamic then that changes based on the ISP DHCP Pool.

if that IP is fixed and changed, the question goes to ISP.

Look at at logs, we can not explain with out seeing what is configured what changed  over there ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello
that’s the whole point of DDNS is if your isp assigned ip address changes(which can do frequently) But you have a dns recored that needs to be updated based on the old/new ip address of that isp assigned ip - then the DDNS client( your rtr/fw) would contact the isp provider that providing DDNS and the related dns recored would be updated with the new assigned isp address 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card