cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP, Redistribution, and Site to Site VPN

rrfield
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we are looking at adding our ASA's to our EIGRP autonomus system.  The only question I have is...is it possible to redistribute "routes" which are accessible only from a site to site VPN?  I put "routes" in quote marks because the remote networks do not appear in the routing table.

BTW the firewalls are running ASA 8.4(2)

thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes you can.

The remote IPSec networks would be considered static routes, so you would need to redistribute static into EIGRP.

And if you would like only the remote networks to be redistributed but not any other static routes configured on the ASA, then you can use route-map to restrict the redistribution.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes you can.

The remote IPSec networks would be considered static routes, so you would need to redistribute static into EIGRP.

And if you would like only the remote networks to be redistributed but not any other static routes configured on the ASA, then you can use route-map to restrict the redistribution.

Hope this helps.

I wasn't sure if it would be considered a static route since the route isn't explicitly added with the "route " command, and I couldn't find and documentation that said either way.

Thanks a lot Jennifer! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: