Views
Helpful
Replies

enable and add Licence in FMC 4600 CISCO

Dhikra Marghli
Level 5
Level 5

Hello ,

i want to know  if i can enable and add Licence in FMC 4600 CISCO ?

i wait a reply  from  expert  security and thanks in advance

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

@Dhikra Marghli FMC 4600 is a physical appliance, so you can ignore anything specific to the virtual FMC.

From your screenshot you need to register your FMC in your Smart Account, as per the link provided. If you have any Threat, Malware or URL filtering licenses this can then be applied to the relevant FTDs.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Team ,

I will send you a screenshot  about FMC 4600 v7.0.4 

so we installed FMC directly on equipment without VM .  SO my problem :

depending on picture send, i want to know if FMC 4600 virtual or physical ??, because there are a lot of documents licence must installed only on virtual FMC and not FMC Hard !!

so please , i wait a reply according to picture !!

Thanks and best regards

Also  , i find in document :

License Requirements for Firepower Management Center

Firepower Management Center allows you to assign licenses to managed devices and manage licenses for the system.

A single Firepower Management Center can manage both devices that require Classic licenses and devices that require Smart Licenses.

Hardware FMC

A hardware Firepower Management Center does not require purchase of additional licenses or service subscriptions in order to manage devices.

Virtual FMC

Firepower Management Center Virtual has additional licensing requirements. See Firepower Management Center Virtual Licenses.

Dhikra Marghli
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Team ,

I will send you a screenshot  about FMC 4600 v7.0.4 

so we installed FMC directly on equipment without VM .  SO my problem :

depending on picture send, i want to know if FMC 4600 virtual or physical ??, because there are a lot of documents licence must installed only on virtual FMC and not FMC Hard !!

so please , i wait a reply according to picture !!

Thanks and best regards

@Dhikra Marghli FMC 4600 is a physical appliance, so you can ignore anything specific to the virtual FMC.

From your screenshot you need to register your FMC in your Smart Account, as per the link provided. If you have any Threat, Malware or URL filtering licenses this can then be applied to the relevant FTDs.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card