cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enabling syslog id 113019 for firewall reporting

dbrown
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a problem with an ASA 5510 and software from ManagEngine (Firewall Analyzer).  They are saying that syslog 113019 is not getting data over to the server where the firewall analyzer is installed.  I'm checking the config and I see it enabled.  I could use some help figuring out why this particular syslog info isn't making it to the reporting software when other data is.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

So if you issue the command "show run logging" you CANT see the following command?

no logging message 113019

- Jouni

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

So if you issue the command "show run logging" you CANT see the following command?

no logging message 113019

- Jouni

Hi JouniForss, thanks for the quick reply.  I hadn't run that command prior and it does ideed show "no logging message 113019" which I assume is my problem.  When viewing the syslog IDs in the ASDM it shows that one as debugging.  I'm not sure why there is a difference between the two but that has to be the issue.  Can you share the command I would need to run in order to enable that syslog message?  Thank you for the help!

Actually I think I got it:

logging message 113019 level 5

I'll know for sure when I see data in the reports tomorrow.  Thanks again for the assist!

Hi,

If you saw the command that I mentioned above then it meant that that Syslog ID was disabled on the ASA.

This could have been negated by issuing the command

logging message 113019

After this issuing the command "show run logging" wouldnt have any mention of the that Syslog ID as all the Syslog IDs are enabled by default.

The command you mention naturally works too. It just alters the Syslog IDs default logging level. The default level is 4 (Warnings) and its now set to 5 (Notifications)

Naturally it depends on the rest of your logging configuration what level messages are sent where. The command you mention is naturally a good way to move some Syslog ID you deem important to another level without increasing the logging output considerably.

- Jouni

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card