cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

End-of-life and End-of-Support ASA 5508 Hardware Plattform

INFOTECH.jw
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot find any information about the End-of-life and End-of-Support for CISCO ASA 5508 Hardware Plattform.

Does anyone know more information?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The ASAS 5508 is not currently documented as EOL, reference here. If you are considering purchasing new hardware, you should consider the new Firepower 1000 series (1010) hardware rather than the older ASA 55xx hardware.

HTH

View solution in original post

Yes, you can certainly run ASA software on the Firepower 1010 hardware, although v9.13.1 is currently the only supported version.

If you already have an ASA you could use the Firepower Migration Tool to convert the configuration from ASA to FTD.

If you run FTD code you can manage centrally using the Firepower Mangement Centre (FMC). If you run ASA then you could use Cisco Defense Orchestrator (CDO) to manage the ASA centrally.

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

The ASAS 5508 is not currently documented as EOL, reference here. If you are considering purchasing new hardware, you should consider the new Firepower 1000 series (1010) hardware rather than the older ASA 55xx hardware.

HTH

If I want to use "classic" Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software I can buy a Firepower 1010 Security Appliance and have to downgrade the software.

I want to migrate an existing complex configuration as fast as possible to the new model.

Are there any disadvantages to going this way?

Yes, you can certainly run ASA software on the Firepower 1010 hardware, although v9.13.1 is currently the only supported version.

If you already have an ASA you could use the Firepower Migration Tool to convert the configuration from ASA to FTD.

If you run FTD code you can manage centrally using the Firepower Mangement Centre (FMC). If you run ASA then you could use Cisco Defense Orchestrator (CDO) to manage the ASA centrally.

HTH
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card