cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

export events from specific date

yiwang2005
Level 4
Level 4

Does any one know the syntax to export events with idsalarms.exe from specific date in VMS2.1?

7 Replies 7

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

The Alarm Export utility (IdsAlarms.exe) is a command-line utility that provides external access to events stored in the database. You can use the Alarm Export utility to perform the following tasks:

Read events from the database and output them to an archive file.

Mark events for deletion from the database.

Unmark events currently marked for deletion in the database.

The syntax is

IdsAlarms [-f"filename"] [-l] [-o] [-s<"clause">] [-a] [-d] [-u] [-z]

My question is really about the "-s<"clause">" syntax and what field names available or needed to sepecify for events of certain date in the database.

In the documentation, the example is <"event_storage_time > 'Jan 24, 2002'">, so I tried something like <"event_storage_time = 'Jan 24, 2002'">, but it generated a file with no events. And I am not even sure "event_storage_time" is the correct field to choose and interested to know what other fields available.

Thanks.

Try putting the date in this format.

IdsAlarms -s "event_storage_time =20031203"

just tried. no:(

the example in the documentation works, just not what i wanted for a certain date only.

do you mean between a cirtain period of time, like this...

idsalarms -s"event_storage_time BETWEEN '2004-03-30 17:00' AND '2004-03-30 17:02'"

i was only looking to do certain date, but will be better to get to certain period of time.

I use this command:

Idsalarms.exe -os -s"event_storage_time > 'Dec 20, 2005' AND event_storage_time < 'Dec 27, 2005'"

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card