cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Export FMC (Analysis > Connection > Events) to CSV ??

SZ1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

is there a way to Export FMC (Analysis > Connection > Events) to CSV ?

Can I list all filtered events in one page?

Can I use Report Designer to achieve this? 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SZ1
Level 1
Level 1

Found a way to generate CSV using "Report Designer" (which is under Analysis, Connection, Events).

First you have create a custom "search" where you define the Initiator/Responder with Action AllowBlock and range of other options available there. Make sure you save this custom search.

Then head over to Report designer and as soon as you click on it FMC creates a "report title" and if you cant figure out what you want from report designer then FMC saves the report anyway (lol) making it as one of available templates to be used later.

If you have created and saved a custom search, click on report designer, under Table - select "connection events" , Preset - none, Format that you prefer, Search - name of your "custom search" ( THIS IS CRITICAL) and leave Fields as it is and click on Generate report. It will give a option to select format (pdf/csv etc.)

Overall the FMC interface is not intuitive at all. If I go in Policies it doesn't allow me to search using IP addresses !!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

SZ1
Level 1
Level 1

Found a way to generate CSV using "Report Designer" (which is under Analysis, Connection, Events).

First you have create a custom "search" where you define the Initiator/Responder with Action AllowBlock and range of other options available there. Make sure you save this custom search.

Then head over to Report designer and as soon as you click on it FMC creates a "report title" and if you cant figure out what you want from report designer then FMC saves the report anyway (lol) making it as one of available templates to be used later.

If you have created and saved a custom search, click on report designer, under Table - select "connection events" , Preset - none, Format that you prefer, Search - name of your "custom search" ( THIS IS CRITICAL) and leave Fields as it is and click on Generate report. It will give a option to select format (pdf/csv etc.)

Overall the FMC interface is not intuitive at all. If I go in Policies it doesn't allow me to search using IP addresses !!

You're not wrong about FMC interface being unintuitive.  Cisco really needs to find some UI people as that seems to be a common thing.  Maybe they don't listen to the ones they have?

Regardless, since your question was the one that showed up in search and finally got me to a successful export, Thank you.  But, I still had some issues so I'm going to add my version of the instructions here. 

• Start on Analysis > Connections > Events
  • Get the search to show you the record you want and then save the search.
  • Click on Report Designer (in the little toolbar above the table on the right side).
  • It jumps straight into creating a report, name it whatever you like.
  • Your template will have two sections, you remove one of them, I don't think it matters which.
  • You can leave most of the settings at default but...
    • I set the Format to table view because I don't know how it would do a pie chart in CSV format.
    • Set Search to the search you saved earlier.
    • You might want to edit the Fields and remove some of the noise.
  • Use the buttons that are top-right from the template to Save it for future use or Generate a report right now. 
  • Assuming you want a CSV right now click Generate and set the Output Format to CSV, and de-select PDF unless you want them both. If you have a mail relay set up there will be an option to email it.
  • Click the Generate button at the bottom and the dialog will go away but there will be no indication of where your report is.  It's on the Reports tab, which makes perfect sense once you know that but leaves you confused if you don't.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card