cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extremely slow FirePOWER console

mcvosi
Level 1
Level 1

Was wanting to do a readiness check before updating to a new VDB, and it's taking forever. Could I have some database corruption? What can I check?

Thx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dinesh Verma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sir,

If it's taking forever from GUI, I was hoping if you can try it from CLI. It would show you error logs as well if it fails or stuck. SSH to FMC and become root and run this command:

root@firepower:/var/sf/updates# install_update.pl --readiness-check /var/sf/updates/Sourcefire_VDB_Fingerprint_Database-4.5.0-283.sh

In my case VDB version 283 is what I am trying to install. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dv

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's possible. I never do readiness checks for VDB - only for version upgrades and they usually take 2-3 minutes.

I'd try a restart of the FMC and, if that fails, open a TAC case.

Dinesh Verma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sir,

If it's taking forever from GUI, I was hoping if you can try it from CLI. It would show you error logs as well if it fails or stuck. SSH to FMC and become root and run this command:

root@firepower:/var/sf/updates# install_update.pl --readiness-check /var/sf/updates/Sourcefire_VDB_Fingerprint_Database-4.5.0-283.sh

In my case VDB version 283 is what I am trying to install. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dv

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card