cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fallback procedure for Firepower 2100 series(platform mode)

We are using a Firepower 2100 series.
This Firepower is running in platform mode and 9.16(2)14 as the OS.

We are considering upgrading to the 9.18.4 series to fix a known vulnerability.
I am assuming this will not be a problem as there is a proven procedure for upgrading,
However, we would like to ask a few questions about the fallback procedure.

■Questions
・Although the general procedure is to initialize the configuration by reimage => upgrade to the original ASA version => restore the settings from the backup file given the information on the internet, I would like to know if there is another way to do fallback without initialization.
Also, the reason why initialization is commonly used is that Firepower uses an OS that integrates ASAOS and FXOS. However, I've been struggling to get my head around the meaning of this explanation. Could you explain why initialization is necessary or recommended when it comes to upgrading Firepower series.

解決済み: Firepower1000/2100シリーズ(アプライアンスモード)のOSアップグレードの切り戻し手順について - Cisco Community

ASA: FPR2100シリーズをASA (Appliance Mode(Ver 9.13(1)以降))にリイメージする方法について - Cisco Community

Is it recommended to use the same fallback procedure for platform mode as for appliance mode?
(I was wondering if the fallback procedure differs depending on the difference between platform and appliance mode.)

If anyone has any information, we would appreciate it if you could share it with us.

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should be ok on the upgrade.

read the relase notes and take the configuration backup, give more time for upgrade if this is standalone.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/roadmap/asa_new_features.html#topic_m31_fl5_qtb

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card