Views
Helpful
Replies

FDT Deployment

Learnercisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi tech people,

I have deployed the active/standby FTD with FMC  behind the NAT Routers(Internet edge router). My FTDs are in Route Mode. I want to use the ftd as a NGFW firewall to protecting my LAN and upstream router. In this scenario my routing is working and user can use the Internet but I observed that my policies are not working to block the desire traffic through the firewall. Do I need to do somen changes in design or  I can protect my system using intrusion prevention with balance security in place. You suggestion will be high appreciated. 

Thanks for your support.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
 but I observed that my policies are not working to block the desire traffic through the firewall

what is the version of FTD, is this managed by FMC ? what traffic example, Hope you have a Licensed for IPS.

some reference :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/70/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v70/threat_defense_service_policies.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

may be FTD prefilter policy allow all traffic pass through FTD ?

Meddane
VIP
VIP

If you want to understand and diagnostic your issues  You need to master two things on FTD:

-packet flow on FTD through different policies and the logic of each policy: prefilter policy, SSL Policy, Access Control Policy, File policy and Intrusion policy.

-understand the log analysis through the event viewer on FMC.

I advice to go through the two points listed above.

Best regards

Redouane

Meddane
VIP
VIP

If you want to understand and diagnostic your issues  You need to master two things on FTD:

-packet flow on FTD through different policies and the logic of each policy: prefilter policy, SSL Policy, Access Control Policy, File policy and Intrusion policy.

-understand the log analysis through the evekt viewer on FMC.

I advice to go through the two points listed above.

Best regards

Redouane

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card