cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower 2100 boots into ROMMON

kerstin-534
Level 1
Level 1

Brandnew FPR 2110 with ASA Image 9.14.1 on it boots after each reload into ROMMON. Reimaged it with last 9.14.4 interim release, did not resolve the problem. Since there is no configuration register as on classic ASA I don't know how to persuade device to boot automatically. Can somebody help me ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As noted in the thread I posted in the linked post's subsequent link, you can indeed use the "confreg" command in rommon. That applies whether the device is imaged with ASA or FTD software.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check this thread : https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-security/firepower-2100-boot-directly-to-rommon/td-p/4510100

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

yes, I have read this. I did a "format everything" from local-mgmt, then reinstalled software, the booted and device hangs again in ROMMON. A complete new device. Waiting 6 months for it and delivered with terrible old software on it. ASA 9.14.1.

As noted in the thread I posted in the linked post's subsequent link, you can indeed use the "confreg" command in rommon. That applies whether the device is imaged with ASA or FTD software.

yes, with confreg register is changed now from 0000 to 0x1. Now device automatically boots.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card