cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower 2100 in Transparent Mode

David Ettinger
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a 2100 running FDM and FTD 7.0.1.   I need to run this firewall in transparent mode.   I understand FDM does not support transparent mode but FMC does.   If this is true, I have further questions:

1.  I have a physical Linux computer for the management of the firewall.   Is FMC an app that will run on this computer configuration?

2.  From the Cisco Network Security Order Guide, FMC does not require a license.   Is it free?

Thanks in advance for your help.

3 Replies 3

manabans
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Platforms supported by the Virtual FMC are listed below,
+ VMware
+ KVM
+ AWS Cloud
+ Microsoft Azure Cloud
+ Google Cloud Platform
+ Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
+ OpenStack
+ Cisco Hyperflex
+ Nutanix
+ Alibaba Cloud
Reference - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/quick_start/fmcv/fpmc-virtual/fpmc-virtual-initial-setup.html 

FMC needs to be registered with Cisco Smart License Authority in order to license the FTD.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

FMC is an all inclusive image which includes the underlying RHEL OS. It cannot run on a customer-provided Linux OS (of any kind).

It is not free. An FMC hardware appliance does not require a separate license but an FMC VM does require a license.

Thanks, Marvin, for the information.   Can you confirm that FMC will indeed allow me to run in transparent mode?   

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card