Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower 31XX mult-instace deployment

Micccc4
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

FP31XX is supporting multi instance deployment (starting from 3110 model if I remember correctly). At the same time FP31XX does not support FXOC Chassis Manager access which is normally used to deploy instances on FP41XX and higher. From this blog (https://blogs.cisco.com/security/the-wait-is-over-for-secure-firewall-3100-series) I learned that it shall be possible to deploy instances directly from FMC. Do you know from which FMC version it is supported and is the deployment process described somwhere in Cisco documentation?? 

(I have a customer who already got FP3110 with multi-instance license and need some details on how to proceed with that)

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You will configure it in FMC 7.4.1 which will be released in late 2023. That release of FMC will add menu options to allow this feature.

There is no such thing as a "multi-instance license" with FTD or FMC. There are multiple context licenses; but those are only used when running ASA image.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Micccc4,

Firepower 3100 should support multi-instance, but it is not there yet. With current software releases, it doesn't support it yet. I believe it will be suppoted soon, in upcoming SW releases. You can check with your Cisco reps when can you expect it exactly (maybe not exactly, rather with which SW release and when is the ETA for that).

Kind regards,

Milos

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You will configure it in FMC 7.4.1 which will be released in late 2023. That release of FMC will add menu options to allow this feature.

There is no such thing as a "multi-instance license" with FTD or FMC. There are multiple context licenses; but those are only used when running ASA image.

Micccc4
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks to both of you @Milos_Jovanovic and @Marvin Rhoads . apparently there are some delays in providing that FMC option. It was supposed to be released before the summer this year. And yes, there is no need for any additional licenses for multi-instance - sorry for this confusion

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card