cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower 4110 FTD issue

bete.kassa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,how are you doing ? I am a senior Network Administrator an ICT infrastructure Team leader at Wolkite University in Ethiopia. We have recently purchased Cisco FirePower 4110 firewall and we have faced a problem with the Image Version.  To clarify the FXOS image software is not Compatible with the FTD software version and i have tried to upgrade but it asked me a partner account. We have asked the company that supplied the firewall, and they couldn't help us and they suggest to buy a SmartNet, that is an other cost to pay which makes the device deployment difficult ,so that we can't add the FTD instance to our appliance. 

So if you have any solution or suggestion, I am waiting to hear from you.

Thank you
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you mean it was shipped to you with a non-working version? That would be cause to press your complaint with the vendor who sold it to you.

If you want to upgrade to the latest version then yes you need a support contract with Cisco.

What exactly are the version incompatibility indications you are seeing?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you mean it was shipped to you with a non-working version? That would be cause to press your complaint with the vendor who sold it to you.

If you want to upgrade to the latest version then yes you need a support contract with Cisco.

What exactly are the version incompatibility indications you are seeing?

We purchase the firepower from Cisco partner. Is there additional cost for
the upgrade or the contract ?

Thanks

The support contract includes upgrades. Yes there is a cost. Your partner would be the best one to contact for pricing.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card