Helpful
Replies

Firepower 7.4.1 FQDN issue for CDO connection

PeyLawro
Level 1
Level 1

Morning/Afternoon/Evening All

Following on from this convo

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-security/firepower-1010-fqdn-resolve-issue-for-cdo/m-p/5000631#M1108175

Ended up doing a factory reset and starting again (before i go completely insane with this device as its now the start of a 3rd week trying to get this working properly)

device is now on 7.4.1 FTD, any device I connect to it is getting an ip address from the DHCP pool and has internet access (tested a laptop and access point). I have a laptop plugged in and can 10.10.23.1 to the gateway to get access to the FPR.
Laptop i'm using is currently connected to Ethernet1/3 which has internet access and i can get to the FPR FTD GUI

Last time i got connected to the CDO, Under "management interface" Use Unique Gateways for the Management Interface was selected and by switching to the other option i got connected up to CDO and greens across the board.

This time, i'm back to having the FQDN issue for the cloud services and now device cannot be seen by CDO again.
Everywhere i can see, it is using 8.8.8.8, 1.1.1.1 and one of the Cisco cloud umbrella ip addresses for DNS

Under show managers it says manage locally.

Setup is nothing special... from ISP router direct to FRP, static address into Ethernet1/1.

any advice would be great as i'm losing the plot now with this.
Only back at the device from 08:30 GMT

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PeyLawro
Level 1
Level 1

nevermind 7.4.1 isn't supported so another factory reset in progress

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

PeyLawro
Level 1